I Found Some Sermon Notes
Tucked away in the snuggliest corners of my SimpleNote account, I found some notes I had taken on a sermon by Shane Duffey, the Creative Pastor at NewSpring. This particular sermon was from an “All-Staff”, a monthly gathering of all staff members from all campuses.
Essentially, Shane shared the five things he asks God for every, single day. The simple, humble nature of these petitions struck me, both when I first heard them and when I stumbled upon them recently:
- Beg God every day to break my heart. I want to see, feel and react to things the way Jesus did.
- Beg God every day to make me diligent because I'm inclined towards comfort and laziness.
- Beg God every day to make me thankful because otherwise I'll start to think that I've earned something.
- Beg God everyday to make me a good steward of my time, talent & treasure. How hard I pursue my wife reflects how I pursue the Lord. Be a giver. When in doubt, give it away.
- Beg God every day to make me loving.
A broken heart that is diligent, thankful, a good steward, and loving is powerful in the hands of the Lord.